Art Donations to the Mays Cancer Center
This painting was donated in 2010 to the Mays Cancer Center located in San Antonio, Texas. It is part of the University of Texas (UT) Health System and the MD Anderson Cancer Center. At the time of donation, the cancer center previously known as the Cancer Therapy and Research Center (CTRC).
- -Donation of over 300 note cards for staff to use in sending messages of hope to patients and words of condolence to families.
- -Donation of over 500 art postcards that staff can distribute to patients and caregivers.
- -Donation of over 100 art prints that will be framed and hung in patient exam rooms, waiting room areas, and given to patients.
- -Donation of 60 Shohini's angel sculptures
"I think people can support the cause because the cancer angels provide a way to direct good energy to the patient's soul thus helping them or a family member a way to strengthen their souls to continue the battle."
-Ofelia Romero, Cancer Therapy & Research Center Nurse
"The prints are beautiful! They bring inspiration to the patients and liven up the clinic atmosphere."
- Miranda Villarreal, Cancer Therapy & Research Center Nurse